Department: Sales & Marketing
Reports to: General Manager
Purpose of Position: New business sales
Furlong Solutions provides School Management Information Systems to over 200 UK and International Independent schools.
- Manage a full sales cycle. Generate new business opportunities and effectively manage the pipeline
- Convert MQL to Sales. Meet and exceed quarterly and annual revenue targets.
- Forecast monthly and quarterly sales
- Participate within and contribute to the Management team.
- Manage contract T’s & C’s negotiations during the sales process. Provide customers with detailed proposals/quotations.
- Attend to RFPs, RFQs and Tenders by the required deadlines.
- Approach all deals with a customer centric mentality
- Work cross-functionally with different departments such as Customer Service, Professional Services and Development to close business.
- Accurately track all sales activity and forecasting into the company CRM. Review and report on sales, inputs, pipeline and performance
- Gather market and customer information and provide feedback and updates to managers where appropriate
- Represent Furlong at trade exhibitions, events, networking events
- Identify new markets and business opportunities
- Highly Organised
- Excellent communication skills (Effective written and verbal communicator)
- Ability to understand customer requirements and identify solutions.
- Must be a self-starter with a strong desire to learn and grow.
- Sales experience (in a closing role), preferably in SaaS platform software.
- Strong prospecting abilities and track record of building net new business.
- Proven track record of success and over-achievement of targets.
- Strong interpersonal skills and an excellent team player.
- Adaptability – you understand that change is constant, and you embrace it. You’re agile and can move quickly and encourage continued improvement.
- Strong work ethic
- You have the ability, desire and willingness to learn independently.
- A curiosity for the Education, data and analytics space.
- The role requires somebody who can work on their own initiative and not require constant direction. The employee will be given a great deal of autonomy in the role and it will be up to them to use this to their advantage.
An opportunity has arisen to join the Furlong team in a full-time, permanent position as an Accounts Support Technician. You will be responsible for supporting our users with their Finance products. You will be their first line support for all queries covering the Accounting Package, Fee Billing System and 3rd party products we provide. You will also need to learn aspects of our MIS and Music Administration System to be able support integration between the products and assist the Support Team in other areas if needed.
This role is for those who are enthusiastic, successful and willing to go the extra mile in their role; possibilities for career progression and further responsibilities will be available. If you are looking to study for your AAT qualifications Furlong would be happy to support you in this process by providing time to study and funding.
- Working with the Support Team providing telephone and online support to our clients
- Answering incoming calls in a timely and professional manner
- Continually developing your knowledge and understanding of our software products
- Related administrative tasks, including managing workload, logging queries etc.
- Providing brief demonstrations and/or training for parts of our software remotely
Required personal attributes:
- Excellent telephone manner and ability to deal with clients
- High level verbal and written communication skills
- Problem solving approach
- Ability to cope in a busy office environment
- Good computer literacy
- Experience in Finance
- Experience with Sage products
- Experience in the Education Sector